Repatriate Sanaullah & other foreigner prisoners; plea in SC
New Delhi: A petition was on Tuesday filed in the Supreme Court seeking direction to the Centre to "repatriate" foreign and Pakistani prisoners, including Sanaullah Ranjay who was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in a Jammu jail, and those already having spent over 15 years in detention here.
The petition also sought repatriation of all the mentally challenged prisoners, who are not wanted in any case in India but are lodged in different jails here, to their respective countries without any delay.
Seeking direction to repatriate Sanaullah to Sialkot in Pakistan, the petition filed by Jammu and Kashmir Panthers Party Chief Bhim Singh, said as per an counter affidavit filed by the Centre in August last year, he had completed the sentence awarded to him by different courts in India in most of the cases and his repatriation would be in the "interest of universal justice and equity."
"It is submitted that he (Sanaullah) has completed more than 18 years in jail with a disciplined life. He has been musical band master at home and also inside the jail...The entire history of the trials would establish that he has completed life imprisonment also," the petition said.
Sanaullah, 52, was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in the high-security Kot Balwal jail in Jammu and was rushed to a Chandigarh hospital in an air ambulance.
The assault had came a day after the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh who was brutally attacked by fellow inmates in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly