Repatriate Sanaullah & other foreigner prisoners; plea in SC
New Delhi: A petition was on Tuesday filed in the Supreme Court seeking direction to the Centre to "repatriate" foreign and Pakistani prisoners, including Sanaullah Ranjay who was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in a Jammu jail, and those already having spent over 15 years in detention here.
The petition also sought repatriation of all the mentally challenged prisoners, who are not wanted in any case in India but are lodged in different jails here, to their respective countries without any delay.
Seeking direction to repatriate Sanaullah to Sialkot in Pakistan, the petition filed by Jammu and Kashmir Panthers Party Chief Bhim Singh, said as per an counter affidavit filed by the Centre in August last year, he had completed the sentence awarded to him by different courts in India in most of the cases and his repatriation would be in the "interest of universal justice and equity."
"It is submitted that he (Sanaullah) has completed more than 18 years in jail with a disciplined life. He has been musical band master at home and also inside the jail...The entire history of the trials would establish that he has completed life imprisonment also," the petition said.
Sanaullah, 52, was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in the high-security Kot Balwal jail in Jammu and was rushed to a Chandigarh hospital in an air ambulance.
The assault had came a day after the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh who was brutally attacked by fellow inmates in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people