Replica of INS Shivalik to be placed in Bhopal
Bhopal: Come April and a model of Indian warship INS Shivalik would be placed in Bhopal for the people of city of lakes, officials said Thursday.
INS Shivalik is India`s newest, most advanced frigate fabricated by the Indian Navy. Its model is being readied at Mazgaon Docks in Mumbai.
It is expected to reach Bhopal in the second week of April and will be installed at the Boat Club of `Bhojtal` (Upper Lake).
Chief of naval staff Admiral Nirmal Verma is presenting the model to Bhopal at the request of state Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur.
The replica being stalled is 25-ft-long, 15-ft-wide and 8-ft-high.
The Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) is constructing foundation at the cost of Rs.25 lakh for the installation of the warship replica at Boat Club. It is for the first time that a model of warship is being set up in the state.
IND Shivalik Warship F-47 was dedicated to the nation and inducted into the Indian Navy on April 29, 2010.
The 6,000-tonne, 143-metre-long vessel has a crew of 250, including 35 officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray