Replica of INS Shivalik to be placed in Bhopal
Bhopal: Come April and a model of Indian warship INS Shivalik would be placed in Bhopal for the people of city of lakes, officials said Thursday.
INS Shivalik is India`s newest, most advanced frigate fabricated by the Indian Navy. Its model is being readied at Mazgaon Docks in Mumbai.
It is expected to reach Bhopal in the second week of April and will be installed at the Boat Club of `Bhojtal` (Upper Lake).
Chief of naval staff Admiral Nirmal Verma is presenting the model to Bhopal at the request of state Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur.
The replica being stalled is 25-ft-long, 15-ft-wide and 8-ft-high.
The Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) is constructing foundation at the cost of Rs.25 lakh for the installation of the warship replica at Boat Club. It is for the first time that a model of warship is being set up in the state.
IND Shivalik Warship F-47 was dedicated to the nation and inducted into the Indian Navy on April 29, 2010.
The 6,000-tonne, 143-metre-long vessel has a crew of 250, including 35 officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP