Replica of INS Shivalik to be placed in Bhopal
Bhopal: Come April and a model of Indian warship INS Shivalik would be placed in Bhopal for the people of city of lakes, officials said Thursday.
INS Shivalik is India`s newest, most advanced frigate fabricated by the Indian Navy. Its model is being readied at Mazgaon Docks in Mumbai.
It is expected to reach Bhopal in the second week of April and will be installed at the Boat Club of `Bhojtal` (Upper Lake).
Chief of naval staff Admiral Nirmal Verma is presenting the model to Bhopal at the request of state Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur.
The replica being stalled is 25-ft-long, 15-ft-wide and 8-ft-high.
The Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) is constructing foundation at the cost of Rs.25 lakh for the installation of the warship replica at Boat Club. It is for the first time that a model of warship is being set up in the state.
IND Shivalik Warship F-47 was dedicated to the nation and inducted into the Indian Navy on April 29, 2010.
The 6,000-tonne, 143-metre-long vessel has a crew of 250, including 35 officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'