Replica of INS Shivalik to be placed in Bhopal
Bhopal: Come April and a model of Indian warship INS Shivalik would be placed in Bhopal for the people of city of lakes, officials said Thursday.
INS Shivalik is India`s newest, most advanced frigate fabricated by the Indian Navy. Its model is being readied at Mazgaon Docks in Mumbai.
It is expected to reach Bhopal in the second week of April and will be installed at the Boat Club of `Bhojtal` (Upper Lake).
Chief of naval staff Admiral Nirmal Verma is presenting the model to Bhopal at the request of state Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur.
The replica being stalled is 25-ft-long, 15-ft-wide and 8-ft-high.
The Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) is constructing foundation at the cost of Rs.25 lakh for the installation of the warship replica at Boat Club. It is for the first time that a model of warship is being set up in the state.
IND Shivalik Warship F-47 was dedicated to the nation and inducted into the Indian Navy on April 29, 2010.
The 6,000-tonne, 143-metre-long vessel has a crew of 250, including 35 officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!