Replica of INS Shivalik to be placed in Bhopal
Bhopal: Come April and a model of Indian warship INS Shivalik would be placed in Bhopal for the people of city of lakes, officials said Thursday.
INS Shivalik is India`s newest, most advanced frigate fabricated by the Indian Navy. Its model is being readied at Mazgaon Docks in Mumbai.
It is expected to reach Bhopal in the second week of April and will be installed at the Boat Club of `Bhojtal` (Upper Lake).
Chief of naval staff Admiral Nirmal Verma is presenting the model to Bhopal at the request of state Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur.
The replica being stalled is 25-ft-long, 15-ft-wide and 8-ft-high.
The Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) is constructing foundation at the cost of Rs.25 lakh for the installation of the warship replica at Boat Club. It is for the first time that a model of warship is being set up in the state.
IND Shivalik Warship F-47 was dedicated to the nation and inducted into the Indian Navy on April 29, 2010.
The 6,000-tonne, 143-metre-long vessel has a crew of 250, including 35 officers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'