Reply sought from jailer, police official on threatening Salem
Mumbai: A special TADA court on Friday directed
the jailer of Taloja jail and an assistant police inspector to
file their reply on an application filed by extradited
gangster Abu Salem, alleging that he was threatened by the
Salem filed an application today claiming that he was
threatened by assistant police inspector Rajkumar Chaubey
yesterday when he was taken to JJ hospital for treatment.
"There was an argument between Chaubey, who is attached
with the Local Arms department of the city police, and Salem
regarding whether or not Salem should be handcuffed following
which Chaubey threatened to kill Salem in an encounter," the
Special TADA judge S T Mahajan has directed Chaubey and
the jailer of Taloja jail, where Salem is presently lodged, to
file a reply on the allegation by August 23.
Salem was shifted to the Taloja jail last week after he
was allegedly attacked by Mustafa Dossa, a close aide of
Dawood Ibrahim, inside Arthur Road jail, following an
The court has also directed Salem to be given medical
treatment at the hospital inside Taloja jail.
Salem, who was extradited in 2005 from Portugal, is
currently facing trial in nine cases including 1993 serial
bomb blast case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’