Reply sought from jailer, police official on threatening Salem
Mumbai: A special TADA court on Friday directed
the jailer of Taloja jail and an assistant police inspector to
file their reply on an application filed by extradited
gangster Abu Salem, alleging that he was threatened by the
Salem filed an application today claiming that he was
threatened by assistant police inspector Rajkumar Chaubey
yesterday when he was taken to JJ hospital for treatment.
"There was an argument between Chaubey, who is attached
with the Local Arms department of the city police, and Salem
regarding whether or not Salem should be handcuffed following
which Chaubey threatened to kill Salem in an encounter," the
Special TADA judge S T Mahajan has directed Chaubey and
the jailer of Taloja jail, where Salem is presently lodged, to
file a reply on the allegation by August 23.
Salem was shifted to the Taloja jail last week after he
was allegedly attacked by Mustafa Dossa, a close aide of
Dawood Ibrahim, inside Arthur Road jail, following an
The court has also directed Salem to be given medical
treatment at the hospital inside Taloja jail.
Salem, who was extradited in 2005 from Portugal, is
currently facing trial in nine cases including 1993 serial
bomb blast case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!