Reply to budget: TMC dismisses Trivedi`s argument
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Saturday
dismissed Railway minister Dinesh Trivedi contention that he
has to reply in Parliament since he presented the railway
budget with the party pointing out that Mamata Banerjee
quitting the same ministry in 2001 following the Tehelka
"There is a precedent. Mamata had resigned as railway
minister of the NDA government after the budget presentation
in 2001. The reply for the discussion was made by her
successor Nitish Kumar. Mamata Banerjee knows the system,"
Trinamool Congress parliamentary party leader in the Lok Sabha
Sudip Bandyopadhay told PTI.
He pointed out that the Trinamool Congress chief has
already spoken Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking
replacement of Trivedi by union minister Mukul Roy.
"The Prime Minister has agreed to in principle to
effect the replacement at an appropriate moment. He is
supposed to implement it," Bandyopadhay said.
He said in a coalition government the partner decided
who would be its minister.
"In a coalition government, a party decides who would
be its minister. The question of an individual does not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow