Reply to budget: TMC dismisses Trivedi`s argument
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Saturday
dismissed Railway minister Dinesh Trivedi contention that he
has to reply in Parliament since he presented the railway
budget with the party pointing out that Mamata Banerjee
quitting the same ministry in 2001 following the Tehelka
"There is a precedent. Mamata had resigned as railway
minister of the NDA government after the budget presentation
in 2001. The reply for the discussion was made by her
successor Nitish Kumar. Mamata Banerjee knows the system,"
Trinamool Congress parliamentary party leader in the Lok Sabha
Sudip Bandyopadhay told PTI.
He pointed out that the Trinamool Congress chief has
already spoken Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking
replacement of Trivedi by union minister Mukul Roy.
"The Prime Minister has agreed to in principle to
effect the replacement at an appropriate moment. He is
supposed to implement it," Bandyopadhay said.
He said in a coalition government the partner decided
who would be its minister.
"In a coalition government, a party decides who would
be its minister. The question of an individual does not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees