Reply to budget: TMC dismisses Trivedi`s argument
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Saturday
dismissed Railway minister Dinesh Trivedi contention that he
has to reply in Parliament since he presented the railway
budget with the party pointing out that Mamata Banerjee
quitting the same ministry in 2001 following the Tehelka
"There is a precedent. Mamata had resigned as railway
minister of the NDA government after the budget presentation
in 2001. The reply for the discussion was made by her
successor Nitish Kumar. Mamata Banerjee knows the system,"
Trinamool Congress parliamentary party leader in the Lok Sabha
Sudip Bandyopadhay told PTI.
He pointed out that the Trinamool Congress chief has
already spoken Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking
replacement of Trivedi by union minister Mukul Roy.
"The Prime Minister has agreed to in principle to
effect the replacement at an appropriate moment. He is
supposed to implement it," Bandyopadhay said.
He said in a coalition government the partner decided
who would be its minister.
"In a coalition government, a party decides who would
be its minister. The question of an individual does not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics