Repo Rate hike will have cascading effect on economy: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday said that the RBI decision to increase Repo Rate will lead to higher housing and car loan rates thus affecting the common man and sought to know from the government what steps it was taking to control inflation.
"Government was today again left to walk alone to face challenges to growth. RBI has taken its own call and increased the Repo Rate. With this the housing and car loan rates will go up and have a cascading effect on the economy," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She charged that the government has been continuously misreading the economy.
"The government has failed to control inflation. It should clarify what it has done to check inflation," she said.
RBI raised the short-term lending (repo) rate by 0.25 per cent to 7.5 per cent. This will push up inflation further, Sitharaman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state