Repo Rate hike will have cascading effect on economy: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday said that the RBI decision to increase Repo Rate will lead to higher housing and car loan rates thus affecting the common man and sought to know from the government what steps it was taking to control inflation.
"Government was today again left to walk alone to face challenges to growth. RBI has taken its own call and increased the Repo Rate. With this the housing and car loan rates will go up and have a cascading effect on the economy," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She charged that the government has been continuously misreading the economy.
"The government has failed to control inflation. It should clarify what it has done to check inflation," she said.
RBI raised the short-term lending (repo) rate by 0.25 per cent to 7.5 per cent. This will push up inflation further, Sitharaman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi