Repoll: 55.50 pc voting in 13 booths of Patliputra LS seat
Patna: A total of 55.50 per cent voting was recorded today in the repoll on 13 booths in Patliputra Lok Sabha seat.
While 50 per cent, during the repoll on 12 booths in another constituency of Munger, Additional Chief Election Commissioner R Lakshamanan told reporters.
Patliputra seat had witnessed 56.34 per cent voting on April 17 last while it was 53.32 per cent in Munger.
RJD president Lalu Prasad`s eldest daughter Misa Bharti is locked in a triangular contest with Ramkripal Yadav of BJP and Ranjan Yadav of JD(U) in the Patliputra seat which was carved out of old Patna during the 2009 delimitation.
Average voting in the repolling in the two constituencies was recorded at 52.75, Lakshamanan said.
Repolling was ordered by the EC on 25 polling stations in the two seats following complaints of rigging and faulty EVMs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'