Report on AAP-BJP clash in UP sent to poll panel
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh`s chief electoral officer Friday sent a preliminary report to the Election Commission of India on the clashes between Aam Aadmi Party and BJP workers here Wednesday.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers fought a pitched battle at the Vidhan Sabha Road and several workers from both the sides were injured.
FIRs were lodged against 12 people, who were alleged to be AAP supporters.
AAP workers were protesting outside the BJP state headquarters over the brief detention of party leader Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat, ruled by BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown