Report on N liability bill will be tabled on Wednesday: Reddy
New Delhi: Chairman of Parliamentary
Standing Committee on Science and Technology T Subbirami Reddy
on Friday voiced confidence that the report on the nuclear
liability bill will be tabled in Parliament on Wednesday,
despite differences among members.
"I am fully confident that the Standing Committee will
be able to give the report on Civil Liability for Nuclear
Damages Bill (2010) to the government by Tuesday and it will
be tabled in Parliament on Wednesday," Reddy told reporters in
Parliament House complex.
Asked if the differences between the government and
opposition parties on several clauses of the contentious Bill
had been sorted out, Reddy said he was making all efforts to
discuss the issues with members of the Standing Committee.
"I have held 24 meetings in last 12 days. Two meetings
were held everyday," Reddy said.
Reddy said the Standing Committee "still had four more
days" to deal with the differences among its members.
Sources said the committee has not yet been apprised
of the outcome of a recent meeting convened by Leader of the
House in Lok Sabha Pranab Mukherjee between main opposition
BJP and the government.
The government plans to go ahead with the Bill even if
the differences are not bridged as it has a clear majority in
the Lok Sabha and can solicit the support of parties like RJD,
SP and BSP, the sources said.
The opposition, however, intends to oppose the Bill in
the Rajya Sabha where it has a majority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly