Republic Day: 817 police personnel awarded
New Delhi: The Jammu and Kashmir Police and
paramilitary CRPF led the gallantry medals tally with 22 and
14 men respectively in the elite list as the government
today announced 817 police awards in various categories on the
eve of Republic day here.
While the top-notch President`s police medal for
gallantry has gone to seven officials (three Andhra Pradesh
police and 4 CRPF), police medals for gallantry have been
awarded to 87 personnel, President`s police medal for
distinguished service to 93 personnel and police medals for
meritorious service have been awarded to 630 police officials.
"38 personnel have been awarded correctional service
medals. President`s correctional service medal for
distinguished service has been awarded to one personnel and
correctional service medals for meritorious service have been
awarded to 37 personnel," a Home Ministry statement said.
Amongst the other police forces whose personnel won the
medals for gallantry include Uttar Pradesh (18), Madhya
Pradesh (7), Chhattisgarh (4) and Jharkhand and Karnataka one
The Border Security Force (BSF) and Indo-Tibetan Border
Police (ITBP) won one Police medal each for gallantry while
the Indo-Myanmar border guarding force Assam Rifles won four
medals for gallant action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees