Reservation against tenets of Islam: Muslim group
Bhopal: The demand to provide reservation to
Dalit Muslims on the lines of Dalits is against the basic
principles of Islam, a Muslim organisation said on Saturday.
All-India Muslim Backward Classes Federation (AIMBCF), in
a statement here, said reservation was given to Dalits on the
account of oppression suffered by the community in the past.
AIMBCF president Ibrahim Qureshi said there was no way in
which `Dalit Muslims` can be equated with their counterparts
in the Hindu community.
Qureshi said the move to provide quota to a section of
the minority community could lead to communal tension.
In an another statement, AIMBCF general secretary Idrish
Qureshi welcomed the Centre`s move to provide quota for
backward Muslims within the 27 per cent OBC reservation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged