Reservation against tenets of Islam: Muslim group
Bhopal: The demand to provide reservation to
Dalit Muslims on the lines of Dalits is against the basic
principles of Islam, a Muslim organisation said on Saturday.
All-India Muslim Backward Classes Federation (AIMBCF), in
a statement here, said reservation was given to Dalits on the
account of oppression suffered by the community in the past.
AIMBCF president Ibrahim Qureshi said there was no way in
which `Dalit Muslims` can be equated with their counterparts
in the Hindu community.
Qureshi said the move to provide quota to a section of
the minority community could lead to communal tension.
In an another statement, AIMBCF general secretary Idrish
Qureshi welcomed the Centre`s move to provide quota for
backward Muslims within the 27 per cent OBC reservation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire