Reshuffle in PMO: IFS officer Vikram Misri made Private Secy
New Delhi: A minor reshuffle has been effected in the Prime Minister`s Office with senior IFS officer Vikram Misri being made Private Secretary to the Prime Minister, marking a distinction for him as he had served in the same capacity during the tenure of IK Gujral.
The 1989-batch officer will succeed fellow IFS officer Jaideep Sarkar who has been posted as Ambassador to Israel, sources said here on Wednesday.
Misri joined the PMO as Joint Secretary in March after a brief stint in Munich as India`s Consul General. Prior to his assignment in Munich, he was India`s Deputy High Commissioner in Lanka.
He was Director to the External Affairs Minister during the tenure of Pranab Mukherjee, prior to his posting to Colombo in 2008.
This is the second stint of Misri in the PMO as he had earlier served as Private Secretary to the Prime Minister during the tenure of I K Gujral in 1997.
His place as the Joint Secretary will be taken by Jawed Ashraf, another IFS officer of 1991 batch.
Ashraf is currently Joint Secretary in the External Affairs Ministry handling Americas Division.
In another change, Anu Garg, 1991-batch IAS officer from Orissa cadre, has been made Joint Secretary to succeed L K Atheeq, the same batch officer who is going for an assignment with the World Bank, the sources said.
Garg is at present Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez