Reshuffle in PMO: IFS officer Vikram Misri made Private Secy
New Delhi: A minor reshuffle has been effected in the Prime Minister`s Office with senior IFS officer Vikram Misri being made Private Secretary to the Prime Minister, marking a distinction for him as he had served in the same capacity during the tenure of IK Gujral.
The 1989-batch officer will succeed fellow IFS officer Jaideep Sarkar who has been posted as Ambassador to Israel, sources said here on Wednesday.
Misri joined the PMO as Joint Secretary in March after a brief stint in Munich as India`s Consul General. Prior to his assignment in Munich, he was India`s Deputy High Commissioner in Lanka.
He was Director to the External Affairs Minister during the tenure of Pranab Mukherjee, prior to his posting to Colombo in 2008.
This is the second stint of Misri in the PMO as he had earlier served as Private Secretary to the Prime Minister during the tenure of I K Gujral in 1997.
His place as the Joint Secretary will be taken by Jawed Ashraf, another IFS officer of 1991 batch.
Ashraf is currently Joint Secretary in the External Affairs Ministry handling Americas Division.
In another change, Anu Garg, 1991-batch IAS officer from Orissa cadre, has been made Joint Secretary to succeed L K Atheeq, the same batch officer who is going for an assignment with the World Bank, the sources said.
Garg is at present Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says