Reshuffle won`t help Congress regain credibility:
Dehradun: Terming the latest reshuffle in Manmohan Singh cabinet as an exercise in futility, former BJP president Rajnath Singh said the move will not help the Congress-led government at the Centre regain lost credibility.
"Tainted by scams, the Congress-led government at the Centre has lost the confidence of the people. Such superficial changes like replacing a few old faces in the cabinet with new ones is not going to help the party regain its lost ground," Singh told reporters in Haridwar yesterday.
The former party chief, who was in Haridwar to participate in Ganpati Mahayagya, said the latest cabinet rejig would not serve any purpose and the Congress` defeat in the 2014 general elections was a certainty.
"The cabinet reshuffle is meaningless and the Congress is set to be dislodged from power at the Centre in 2014," he said.
He said this reshuffle is meant to divert the people`s attention from the sorry state of affairs at the Centre.
Singh also claimed that the BJP was set to register massive wins in the coming assembly elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh.
When asked whether BJP chief Nitin Gadkari should not resign in the wake of corruption allegations against him, Singh said, he has already expressed his readiness for a probe by any investigating agency against him and therefore does not need to either quit or be replaced as party chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings