`Resolution of Kashmir issue must for Indo-Pak peace`
Srinagar: In the backdrop of Prime Ministers
of India and Pakistan meeting during the cricket World Cup
semi-final match in Mohali, moderate faction of the Hurriyat
Conference on Monday said resolution of the Kashmir issue was
imperative to bring a positive change in relations between the
"Pleasant changes can be brought to the relations between
India and Pakistan only after a solution is sought to the
Kashmir issue," the Hurriyat faction headed by Mirwaiz Umar
Farooq said in a statement after a meeting of the amalgam.
The meeting, chaired by Mirwaiz, was convened to discuss
the recent goodwill gestures by the premiers of India and
Pakistan and its effects on Kashmir.
"The solution of this issue can no longer be delayed or
hijacked by political maneuvering," the Hurriyat said,
pressing for inclusion of Kashmiri leadership in the dialogue
process to address the long-standing issue.
The separatist amalgam also rejected reports of having
forged any contact with the Centre`s Interlocutors on Kashmir.
"Hurriyat is desirous of a final solution to Kashmir
issue. Whether recommendations (of interlocutors) help or not,
we have no interest in them," the statement said, adding that
Hurriyat has not put forward any suggestion or formula to the
The group, however, said if any member has established a
contact with the interlocutors, it is not on behalf of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what