Respect Ayodhya title suit verdict: IUML
New Delhi: Indian Union Muslim League on Saturday appealed to the people to respect the Ayodhya title suit verdict and said they can move the Supreme Court if there is any reservation against the judgement.
"Under no circumstances, the contents of the verdict should be taken for breach of peace or law and order," IUML President and Union Minister of State for Railways E Ahamed
said in a statement.
He said it is the duty of all sections of people in a "civilised society" to respect the verdict of the court and restrain in their reaction, if any, on such sensitive issues. "IUML appeals to all sections of people to respect the judgement as the judiciary is the epitome of justice for the people of the country," he said.
Even if there is any reservation or difference of opinion about the judgement, anybody is free to move and appeal to the apex court, he said. The Minister said all efforts should be made by each and everyone to maintain peace, tranquillity, harmony and peaceful co-existence among the people.
The judgement in the Ramjanambhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute will be delivered on September 24 with the Allahabad High Court yesterday rejecting a petition for mediation on the ground that it was aimed at "creating obstruction" in the final disposal of the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'