Respect Ayodhya title suit verdict: IUML
New Delhi: Indian Union Muslim League on Saturday appealed to the people to respect the Ayodhya title suit verdict and said they can move the Supreme Court if there is any reservation against the judgement.
"Under no circumstances, the contents of the verdict should be taken for breach of peace or law and order," IUML President and Union Minister of State for Railways E Ahamed
said in a statement.
He said it is the duty of all sections of people in a "civilised society" to respect the verdict of the court and restrain in their reaction, if any, on such sensitive issues. "IUML appeals to all sections of people to respect the judgement as the judiciary is the epitome of justice for the people of the country," he said.
Even if there is any reservation or difference of opinion about the judgement, anybody is free to move and appeal to the apex court, he said. The Minister said all efforts should be made by each and everyone to maintain peace, tranquillity, harmony and peaceful co-existence among the people.
The judgement in the Ramjanambhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute will be delivered on September 24 with the Allahabad High Court yesterday rejecting a petition for mediation on the ground that it was aimed at "creating obstruction" in the final disposal of the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks