Respect verdict of Parliament: PM tells Team Anna
New Delhi: In a clear message to Team Anna,
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday asked the activists to
respect the verdict of the Parliament on the Lokpal Bill.
"Legislation is the privilege of the Indian Parliament.
That is what the Constitution says... When Parliament has
spoken it is time for other persons to take note," he told
reporters when asked about Team Anna`s criticism of the Lokpal
Bill passed by the Lok Sabha.
"We hope that those with divergent views will respect the
verdict of the parliament," he said at a joint press
conference with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda.
Singh said that the Lok Sabha had passed a Lokpal bill
with a substantial majority.
"The bill will be presented to the Rajya Sabha tomorrow
and I hope it will be passed," he said.
Even as Anna Hazare abruptly called off his three-day
fast for a strong Lokpal, his supporters attacked the
government for a "weak" Lokpal Bill that was passed by the Lok
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!