Respect verdict of Parliament: PM tells Team Anna
New Delhi: In a clear message to Team Anna,
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday asked the activists to
respect the verdict of the Parliament on the Lokpal Bill.
"Legislation is the privilege of the Indian Parliament.
That is what the Constitution says... When Parliament has
spoken it is time for other persons to take note," he told
reporters when asked about Team Anna`s criticism of the Lokpal
Bill passed by the Lok Sabha.
"We hope that those with divergent views will respect the
verdict of the parliament," he said at a joint press
conference with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda.
Singh said that the Lok Sabha had passed a Lokpal bill
with a substantial majority.
"The bill will be presented to the Rajya Sabha tomorrow
and I hope it will be passed," he said.
Even as Anna Hazare abruptly called off his three-day
fast for a strong Lokpal, his supporters attacked the
government for a "weak" Lokpal Bill that was passed by the Lok
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report