Restore autonomous structure of MCI, demands IMA
New Delhi: The Indian Medical Association on Monday demanded that the autonomous structure of the Medical
Council of India be restored and the current board of
governors appointed by the Government be dissolved at once.
At a press conference here, the IMA also opposed the
implementation of the short-term rural medical course being
introduced by the Government.
"We feel that such a course will prepare half-baked
doctors and by allowing this, we shall be playing with the
health of the rural population who have equal rights to
health care as the urban population," IMA National President
Vinay Aggarwal said.
"We demand that the autonomous structure of the MCI
and its elected body be restored immediately and the current
board of governors appointed by the government be dissolved at
once," he said.
The medical practitioner`s body also opposed the passage
of the Clinical Establishment Bill without a discussion by the
Parliament and the pre-registration exit test for medical
graduates proposed by the MCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends