Restore autonomous structure of MCI, demands IMA
New Delhi: The Indian Medical Association on Monday demanded that the autonomous structure of the Medical
Council of India be restored and the current board of
governors appointed by the Government be dissolved at once.
At a press conference here, the IMA also opposed the
implementation of the short-term rural medical course being
introduced by the Government.
"We feel that such a course will prepare half-baked
doctors and by allowing this, we shall be playing with the
health of the rural population who have equal rights to
health care as the urban population," IMA National President
Vinay Aggarwal said.
"We demand that the autonomous structure of the MCI
and its elected body be restored immediately and the current
board of governors appointed by the government be dissolved at
once," he said.
The medical practitioner`s body also opposed the passage
of the Clinical Establishment Bill without a discussion by the
Parliament and the pre-registration exit test for medical
graduates proposed by the MCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read