Results in WB, Assam `spectacular`; in TN disappointing: PC
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Friday described the victory of TMC-Congress alliance in West Bengal and Congress in Assam as "spectacular" and termed the poll results in Tamil Nadu as "disappointing".
In a statement, Chidambaram said he was delighted by the massive victory recorded by the TMC-Congress alliance in West Bengal and the Congress party in Assam.
He said in West Bengal, it was the expected vote for comprehensive change and in Assam, it was the expected vote for continuity.
"In both states our alliance pledged to work for inclusive growth, providing security to all the people, and working for peace and harmony.
"The scale of the victory in both states is truly spectacular. I spoke to Mamata Banerjee and Tarun Gogoi earlier today and offered them my warmest congratulations," he said.
In Tamil Nadu, the Home Minister said, the DMK-Congress alliance has done poorly and congratulated Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK for its victory in the Assembly polls in Tamil Nadu.
"We are disappointed. I take this opportunity to congratulate the AIADMK and its allies on their splendid victory and wish the new government success," Chidambaram, who also hails from Tamil Nadu, said.
Chidambaram said in Kerala it appears that the Congress led UDF will acquire a slender majority and will be able to form the Government which is a happy and welcome development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt