Retaining BSY is BJP`s "double-speak": CPI (M)
New Delhi: The CPI(M) Thursday accused BJP of
double-speak and opportunism for retaining B S Yeddyurappa as
Karnataka Chief Minister despite corruption charges against
him, saying its anti-graft crusade in Parliament has been
"thrown to the wind".
"In a classic case of double-speak and political
opportunism sans any sense of guilt, the BJP has decided to
retain its Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, despite
the mounting charges of corruption and nepotism against him,"
party`s Politburo member Sitaram Yechury said.
"Clearly, political morality and the ostensible crusade
against corruption in Parliament were thrown to the wind in
order to save its state government purely on caste
considerations," he said in an editorial titled `Double Speak,
Thy Name is BJP` in the forthcoming issue of CPI(M) organ
"It is, thus, clear that on the issue of large-scale
corruption, the colossal loot of India, there is little
difference between the Congress-led UPA and the BJP," he said.
With BJP participating in protests in Parliament to
demand joint parliamentary committee probe into 2G spectrum
allocation scam, he said its decision in Karnataka was based
on the prime consideration that it should not lose its only
government in South India.
BJP was also trying to take "totally undeserved
credit" for Bihar election results by claiming that
`development agenda` was placed over caste considerations.
The saffron party`s decision on Karnataka was "based
purely on caste considerations", he said, adding Yeddyurappa
had mobilised the "powerful Lingayat community" behind him when he was faced with the probability of ouster.
He said BJP`s decision to have a judicial inquiry into
Karnataka land scam was "an eyewash" since a judicial inquiry
had no power to prosecute the culprits.
Maintaining that BJP has been "hit another morality
crisis" in Uttarakhand, he said many of its top leaders were
mounting pressure for removal of Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhriya Nishank in the wake of charges of scams against him.
Two alleged scandals Uttarakhand are irregularities in 56
hydro-electric projects and changing the land use of a 15 acre
industrial plot worth Rs 400 crores and handing it over to
real estate developers for a mere Rs three crore at Rishikesh,
the CPI(M) leader said.
"In the interests of the country and its people, it is
imperative to stop this loot and, instead, use these resources
for improving the people`s livelihood standards and, thus, in
creating a better India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now