Retd paramilitary men to get ex-servicemen status
Gurgaon: The Home Ministry has decided to propose granting of the status of "ex-servicemen" to lakhs of retired paramilitary personnel who render internal security duties across the country.
The Union Home Minister, who was the chief guest at the 73rd Raising Day celebrations of the CRPF at its centre in Kadarpur here, said he has decided to move this proposal in the Cabinet "soon".
"I will present a proposal to grant the status of ex-servicemen to paramilitary forces personnel and I am hopeful that a decision will be taken soon in this regard," Shinde said.
"Paramilitary personnel, like defence forces, put their life at stake in the line of duty and there is no problem in granting them this honour," he said, adding this has been a long-standing demand of the paramilitary personnel.
According to estimates, there are almost four-lakh retired paramilitary personnel in the country who superannuated from forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, CISF and NSG.
The combined present strength of these forces is around 8 lakh personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly