Retd paramilitary men to get ex-servicemen status
Gurgaon: The Home Ministry has decided to propose granting of the status of "ex-servicemen" to lakhs of retired paramilitary personnel who render internal security duties across the country.
The Union Home Minister, who was the chief guest at the 73rd Raising Day celebrations of the CRPF at its centre in Kadarpur here, said he has decided to move this proposal in the Cabinet "soon".
"I will present a proposal to grant the status of ex-servicemen to paramilitary forces personnel and I am hopeful that a decision will be taken soon in this regard," Shinde said.
"Paramilitary personnel, like defence forces, put their life at stake in the line of duty and there is no problem in granting them this honour," he said, adding this has been a long-standing demand of the paramilitary personnel.
According to estimates, there are almost four-lakh retired paramilitary personnel in the country who superannuated from forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, CISF and NSG.
The combined present strength of these forces is around 8 lakh personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash