Retd paramilitary men to get ex-servicemen status
Gurgaon: The Home Ministry has decided to propose granting of the status of "ex-servicemen" to lakhs of retired paramilitary personnel who render internal security duties across the country.
The Union Home Minister, who was the chief guest at the 73rd Raising Day celebrations of the CRPF at its centre in Kadarpur here, said he has decided to move this proposal in the Cabinet "soon".
"I will present a proposal to grant the status of ex-servicemen to paramilitary forces personnel and I am hopeful that a decision will be taken soon in this regard," Shinde said.
"Paramilitary personnel, like defence forces, put their life at stake in the line of duty and there is no problem in granting them this honour," he said, adding this has been a long-standing demand of the paramilitary personnel.
According to estimates, there are almost four-lakh retired paramilitary personnel in the country who superannuated from forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, CISF and NSG.
The combined present strength of these forces is around 8 lakh personnel.
- India-born Sanjeev Gupta's Liberty House to bid for Tata Steel UK on Tuesday
- Deepika Padukone NOT in Salman Khan film?
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!