Revealing staff of judges` would affect their functioning: SC
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has refused to reveal identities of officers working with Chief Justice of India and other judges saying it would affect the functioning of judges with whom they have been attached besides being an invasion of their privacy.
Responding to activist Subhash Agrawal, Central Public Information Officer of the Supreme Court and Additional Registrar Smita Vatsa Sharma said the disclosure of identity of officers would affect the functioning of the judges, their safety and make system unworkable.
Through his RTI application, Agrawal had wanted to know complete information including their names, ranks, pay scales of official and personal staff of Chief Justice of India and other judges appointed at their offices and residences at the cost of the state exchequer.
Sharma in her reply cited section 8(1)(g) which exempts information which could endanger safety of an individual and section 8(1)(j) which relates to personal information to withhold the information sought by Agrawal.
"The disclosure of identity of the officers/officials as sought for by you would affect the functioning of the honourable judges with whom each of the above officer/official is attached, personnel safety of honourable judges and make the system unworkable and no larger public interest would be served by disclosure of such information," the reply said.
In her reply, Sharma said its disclosure would also be an intrusion into judges` discharge of judicial and administrative functions.
"Therefore information sought by you is exempted under section 8(1)(g) and (j) of the Right to Information Act, 2005 you have no right to access the information under section 2(j) of the Right to Information Act, 2005," the reply said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you