Review: ‘3 Idiots’ ends 2009 with a bang
New Delhi: Expect nothing short of a masterpiece when two geniuses (Rajkumar Hirani and Aamir Khan) come together! Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘3 Idiots’ starring Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Sharman Joshi, R Madhavan and the inimitable Boman Irani is a Box Office winner as the movie simply astounds you with powerhouse performances, terse script, crisp editing and an excellent storyline (with due thanks to Chetan Bhagat).
‘3 Idiots’ is the story of Rancho (Aamir Khan), Farhan (R Madhavan) and Raju Rastogi (Sharman Joshi) who bump into each other at a prestigious Imperial College of Engineering. The sacrosanct space is headed by none other than Viru Sahastrabudhhe (Boman Irani) whose opening address to the students on success reminds you of the much-loved Dr Asthana from ‘Munnabhai MBBS.’
The movie opens with a flash back where Farhan and Raju embark on a journey to trace their college mate Rancho, a friend whose vision gave a new turn to their lives.
Much of the narrative is based on flash back mode where Farhan tells us about their friendship, Pia (Kareena Kapoor, who plays the daughter of professor Sahastrabudhhe) and the love story of Rancho.
For starters, ‘3 Idiots’ can be well considered as a step further from ‘Taare Zameen Par’ where Aamir once again takes up his mission of making us realize how futile is our education system - a system based on cramming books rather than knowledge, a rotten and senile value system which decides one’s fate on the basis of marks and holds reason above emotions.
In ‘3 Idiots’, Rancho is the enlightened one who guides his friends in understanding the real purpose of life and education - something which liberates and opens one’s mind. The biggest knowledge is self-knowledge and to do something, which you enjoy the most because a life lived under duress, leads to discontent. Leading a life with someone else’s dream can never give you true happiness and this is the motto of the film.
‘3 Idiots’ is a befitting reply to all those people who are running after success. As Rancho puts it, one should run after ‘excellence’ rather than ‘success’ because when one attains the former, the latter follows!
In all, ‘3 Idiots’ is a complete ‘paisa vasool’ film that will keep you engaged till the last hour!
Be it the college scene where one comes across a truly funny ragging scene or be it Chatur’s Hindi speech that completely leaves you in splits - everything is so convincing about the flick that not even once one gets bored or loses interest!
Frankly speaking, ‘3 Idiots’ is an out-and-out Aamir film as the actor successfully pulls off the college kid with great élan.
Madhavan and Sharman are at their best as they do full justice to their roles. Boman Irani is simply the best when it comes to an author-backed role of a bumbling professor. Kareena is nice and breezy in her medical student’s short but sweet role.
‘3 Idiots’ is a must watch this festive season!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...