Review: ‘3 Idiots’ ends 2009 with a bang
New Delhi: Expect nothing short of a masterpiece when two geniuses (Rajkumar Hirani and Aamir Khan) come together! Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘3 Idiots’ starring Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Sharman Joshi, R Madhavan and the inimitable Boman Irani is a Box Office winner as the movie simply astounds you with powerhouse performances, terse script, crisp editing and an excellent storyline (with due thanks to Chetan Bhagat).
‘3 Idiots’ is the story of Rancho (Aamir Khan), Farhan (R Madhavan) and Raju Rastogi (Sharman Joshi) who bump into each other at a prestigious Imperial College of Engineering. The sacrosanct space is headed by none other than Viru Sahastrabudhhe (Boman Irani) whose opening address to the students on success reminds you of the much-loved Dr Asthana from ‘Munnabhai MBBS.’
The movie opens with a flash back where Farhan and Raju embark on a journey to trace their college mate Rancho, a friend whose vision gave a new turn to their lives.
Much of the narrative is based on flash back mode where Farhan tells us about their friendship, Pia (Kareena Kapoor, who plays the daughter of professor Sahastrabudhhe) and the love story of Rancho.
For starters, ‘3 Idiots’ can be well considered as a step further from ‘Taare Zameen Par’ where Aamir once again takes up his mission of making us realize how futile is our education system - a system based on cramming books rather than knowledge, a rotten and senile value system which decides one’s fate on the basis of marks and holds reason above emotions.
In ‘3 Idiots’, Rancho is the enlightened one who guides his friends in understanding the real purpose of life and education - something which liberates and opens one’s mind. The biggest knowledge is self-knowledge and to do something, which you enjoy the most because a life lived under duress, leads to discontent. Leading a life with someone else’s dream can never give you true happiness and this is the motto of the film.
‘3 Idiots’ is a befitting reply to all those people who are running after success. As Rancho puts it, one should run after ‘excellence’ rather than ‘success’ because when one attains the former, the latter follows!
In all, ‘3 Idiots’ is a complete ‘paisa vasool’ film that will keep you engaged till the last hour!
Be it the college scene where one comes across a truly funny ragging scene or be it Chatur’s Hindi speech that completely leaves you in splits - everything is so convincing about the flick that not even once one gets bored or loses interest!
Frankly speaking, ‘3 Idiots’ is an out-and-out Aamir film as the actor successfully pulls off the college kid with great élan.
Madhavan and Sharman are at their best as they do full justice to their roles. Boman Irani is simply the best when it comes to an author-backed role of a bumbling professor. Kareena is nice and breezy in her medical student’s short but sweet role.
‘3 Idiots’ is a must watch this festive season!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks