Review applications moved in Ayodhya title suits case
Lucknow: Two applications were Thursday moved
in the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court seeking
review of its judgement on the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid
title suits pronounced on September 30.
The review applications were moved by Ismail Farooqui, a
local lawyer, who has sought review of the judgement in the
suits of Nirmohi Akhara and Rajendra Singh related to the
title suit of the disputed site.
However, no date has been fixed for hearing the case.
The applicant, who is not a party in the case, has
contended that "no cause of action" arose in 1950 for the
suit of Rajendra Singh to be filed. He has said that the suit
of Nirmohi Akhara was already decided way back in 1885, hence
this (Singh`s) suit should not have been filed.
Meanwhile, Justice V K Dixit has been nominated as the
third member of the special full bench related to Ayodhya case
as Justice D V Sharma retired after pronouncement of the
The special full bench will, on December 10, finalise the
"Decree" of the September 30 judgement and hear two separate
pending contempt matters related to the Ayodhya case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi