Review applications moved in Ayodhya title suits case
Lucknow: Two applications were Thursday moved
in the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court seeking
review of its judgement on the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid
title suits pronounced on September 30.
The review applications were moved by Ismail Farooqui, a
local lawyer, who has sought review of the judgement in the
suits of Nirmohi Akhara and Rajendra Singh related to the
title suit of the disputed site.
However, no date has been fixed for hearing the case.
The applicant, who is not a party in the case, has
contended that "no cause of action" arose in 1950 for the
suit of Rajendra Singh to be filed. He has said that the suit
of Nirmohi Akhara was already decided way back in 1885, hence
this (Singh`s) suit should not have been filed.
Meanwhile, Justice V K Dixit has been nominated as the
third member of the special full bench related to Ayodhya case
as Justice D V Sharma retired after pronouncement of the
The special full bench will, on December 10, finalise the
"Decree" of the September 30 judgement and hear two separate
pending contempt matters related to the Ayodhya case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!