Review applications moved in Ayodhya title suits case
Lucknow: Two applications were Thursday moved
in the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court seeking
review of its judgement on the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid
title suits pronounced on September 30.
The review applications were moved by Ismail Farooqui, a
local lawyer, who has sought review of the judgement in the
suits of Nirmohi Akhara and Rajendra Singh related to the
title suit of the disputed site.
However, no date has been fixed for hearing the case.
The applicant, who is not a party in the case, has
contended that "no cause of action" arose in 1950 for the
suit of Rajendra Singh to be filed. He has said that the suit
of Nirmohi Akhara was already decided way back in 1885, hence
this (Singh`s) suit should not have been filed.
Meanwhile, Justice V K Dixit has been nominated as the
third member of the special full bench related to Ayodhya case
as Justice D V Sharma retired after pronouncement of the
The special full bench will, on December 10, finalise the
"Decree" of the September 30 judgement and hear two separate
pending contempt matters related to the Ayodhya case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok