Review applications moved in Ayodhya title suits case
Lucknow: Two applications were Thursday moved
in the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court seeking
review of its judgement on the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid
title suits pronounced on September 30.
The review applications were moved by Ismail Farooqui, a
local lawyer, who has sought review of the judgement in the
suits of Nirmohi Akhara and Rajendra Singh related to the
title suit of the disputed site.
However, no date has been fixed for hearing the case.
The applicant, who is not a party in the case, has
contended that "no cause of action" arose in 1950 for the
suit of Rajendra Singh to be filed. He has said that the suit
of Nirmohi Akhara was already decided way back in 1885, hence
this (Singh`s) suit should not have been filed.
Meanwhile, Justice V K Dixit has been nominated as the
third member of the special full bench related to Ayodhya case
as Justice D V Sharma retired after pronouncement of the
The special full bench will, on December 10, finalise the
"Decree" of the September 30 judgement and hear two separate
pending contempt matters related to the Ayodhya case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border