Review clearance to film on Indira Gandhi`s assassination: MHA to I&B Ministry
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amidst hullabaloo over the content of the movie `Kaum De Heere`, the Ministry of Home Affairs on Thursday asked the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to take a relook at clearance given to it.
The MHA has expressed reservations on content of the upcoming Punjabi movie on former prime minister Indira Gandhi`s assassination.
Notably, the film has been given clean chit by the Censor Board.
Congress as well as the BJP are opposing the release of the film.
Punjab Youth Congress also wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi a few days ago, requesting ban on the film.
Indira Gandhi was shot dead by her two Sikh bodyguards at her official residence in New Delhi on October 31, 1984.
After months of stalling due to objections by the Censor Board, the movie on the assassination, is set for release on August 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling