Review clearance to film on Indira Gandhi`s assassination: MHA to I&B Ministry
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amidst hullabaloo over the content of the movie `Kaum De Heere`, the Ministry of Home Affairs on Thursday asked the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to take a relook at clearance given to it.
The MHA has expressed reservations on content of the upcoming Punjabi movie on former prime minister Indira Gandhi`s assassination.
Notably, the film has been given clean chit by the Censor Board.
Congress as well as the BJP are opposing the release of the film.
Punjab Youth Congress also wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi a few days ago, requesting ban on the film.
Indira Gandhi was shot dead by her two Sikh bodyguards at her official residence in New Delhi on October 31, 1984.
After months of stalling due to objections by the Censor Board, the movie on the assassination, is set for release on August 22.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts