Review clearance to film on Indira Gandhi`s assassination: MHA to I&B Ministry
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amidst hullabaloo over the content of the movie `Kaum De Heere`, the Ministry of Home Affairs on Thursday asked the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to take a relook at clearance given to it.
The MHA has expressed reservations on content of the upcoming Punjabi movie on former prime minister Indira Gandhi`s assassination.
Notably, the film has been given clean chit by the Censor Board.
Congress as well as the BJP are opposing the release of the film.
Punjab Youth Congress also wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi a few days ago, requesting ban on the film.
Indira Gandhi was shot dead by her two Sikh bodyguards at her official residence in New Delhi on October 31, 1984.
After months of stalling due to objections by the Censor Board, the movie on the assassination, is set for release on August 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India