Review petition likely against 2G verdict: Digvijay
Hyderabad: The Supreme Court judgement cancelling the licences of telecom companies in 2G spectrum allocation case is likely to be challenged by way of a review petition, AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Friday.
"If there is something wrong with the allotment of licence, the CBI is already inquiring into it.
"At the same time, by cancelling the licence, some of the companies which have already gone ahead and built up infrastructure, got large clientele, what will happen to them. So it is an order which has to be challenged. It will be challenged," he told reporters, adding, "Probably, a review petition may be filed against this".
He said the government carried on the policy "which was enunciated during the NDA regime. There is nothing wrong with the policy".
"... the Supreme Court has very wisely transferred the case back to the court about the responsibility of (Home Minister P) Chidambaram in this whole issue. So therefore, it is a judgement which has not gone against the Government," he
"But at the same time it opens up an issue that 122 licences cancelled, who have already set up, made investments, what happens to them? So it has to be examined once again..., Singh said.
Asked when the review petition is likely to be filed, he said he did not know.
Replying to a query, Singh, in-charge of Congress affairs in Uttar Pradesh, said the party would secure majority on its own.
"People are looking for a change and the kind of response Rahul Gandhi is getting which something I have not seen for many years," he said.
The party, he said, is not looking at any post poll arrangements at this juncture but is seeking to come to power on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof