Review petition likely against 2G verdict: Digvijay
Hyderabad: The Supreme Court judgement cancelling the licences of telecom companies in 2G spectrum allocation case is likely to be challenged by way of a review petition, AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Friday.
"If there is something wrong with the allotment of licence, the CBI is already inquiring into it.
"At the same time, by cancelling the licence, some of the companies which have already gone ahead and built up infrastructure, got large clientele, what will happen to them. So it is an order which has to be challenged. It will be challenged," he told reporters, adding, "Probably, a review petition may be filed against this".
He said the government carried on the policy "which was enunciated during the NDA regime. There is nothing wrong with the policy".
"... the Supreme Court has very wisely transferred the case back to the court about the responsibility of (Home Minister P) Chidambaram in this whole issue. So therefore, it is a judgement which has not gone against the Government," he
"But at the same time it opens up an issue that 122 licences cancelled, who have already set up, made investments, what happens to them? So it has to be examined once again..., Singh said.
Asked when the review petition is likely to be filed, he said he did not know.
Replying to a query, Singh, in-charge of Congress affairs in Uttar Pradesh, said the party would secure majority on its own.
"People are looking for a change and the kind of response Rahul Gandhi is getting which something I have not seen for many years," he said.
The party, he said, is not looking at any post poll arrangements at this juncture but is seeking to come to power on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'