Review safety of VIP choppers, demands Congress
New Delhi: The Congress Wednesday said it favoured a safety review of helicopters carrying VIPs in the wake of Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu`s death in a chopper crash.
"Certainly, there should be some introspection on the safety aspect in all such helicopters, including (those run by) Pawan Hans," party spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan said.
The Congress lost Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YSR Reddy in a helicopter crash in September 2009. Party leader Madhav Rao Scindia was also killed in an air crash.
Natarajan said the party was waiting for final details concerning the helicopter in which Khandu and others were travelling.
Natarajan, however, parried questions about External Affairs Minister SM Krishna sending a condolence message before Khandu`s death was confirmed by the home ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured