Review safety of VIP choppers, demands Congress
New Delhi: The Congress Wednesday said it favoured a safety review of helicopters carrying VIPs in the wake of Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu`s death in a chopper crash.
"Certainly, there should be some introspection on the safety aspect in all such helicopters, including (those run by) Pawan Hans," party spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan said.
The Congress lost Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YSR Reddy in a helicopter crash in September 2009. Party leader Madhav Rao Scindia was also killed in an air crash.
Natarajan said the party was waiting for final details concerning the helicopter in which Khandu and others were travelling.
Natarajan, however, parried questions about External Affairs Minister SM Krishna sending a condolence message before Khandu`s death was confirmed by the home ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader