Review safety of VIP choppers, demands Congress
New Delhi: The Congress Wednesday said it favoured a safety review of helicopters carrying VIPs in the wake of Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu`s death in a chopper crash.
"Certainly, there should be some introspection on the safety aspect in all such helicopters, including (those run by) Pawan Hans," party spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan said.
The Congress lost Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YSR Reddy in a helicopter crash in September 2009. Party leader Madhav Rao Scindia was also killed in an air crash.
Natarajan said the party was waiting for final details concerning the helicopter in which Khandu and others were travelling.
Natarajan, however, parried questions about External Affairs Minister SM Krishna sending a condolence message before Khandu`s death was confirmed by the home ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today