Review safety of VIP choppers, demands Congress
New Delhi: The Congress Wednesday said it favoured a safety review of helicopters carrying VIPs in the wake of Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu`s death in a chopper crash.
"Certainly, there should be some introspection on the safety aspect in all such helicopters, including (those run by) Pawan Hans," party spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan said.
The Congress lost Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YSR Reddy in a helicopter crash in September 2009. Party leader Madhav Rao Scindia was also killed in an air crash.
Natarajan said the party was waiting for final details concerning the helicopter in which Khandu and others were travelling.
Natarajan, however, parried questions about External Affairs Minister SM Krishna sending a condolence message before Khandu`s death was confirmed by the home ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog