Rice, wheat for Re 1: BJP manifesto
Ranchi: All BPL families would get rice
and wheat at Re one per kg if the BJP was voted to power
in the assembly elections in Jharkhand beginning on November
25, the party on Thursday said in its manifesto.
The party also promised to provide salt at 25 paise
per kg to BPL families, state unit president Raghuvar Das said
while releasing the manifesto in the presence of Chhattisgarh
Chief Minister Raman Singh.
The party would provide ten lakh jobs to the
unemployed in five years, loans to farmers at two per cent
interest and form an agriculture development commission, the
Construction of three lakh houses to be allotted to
those not having accommodation and ration cards to every
family within three months were also among the promises held
Creation of one lakh self-help groups, Rs 25,000 loan
at two per cent interest to the unemployed to start
businesses, wage hike for unorganised sector workers,
constructive effort to end naxalism and doubling of old age
pension were also listed in the manifesto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter