Rice, wheat for Re 1: BJP manifesto
Ranchi: All BPL families would get rice
and wheat at Re one per kg if the BJP was voted to power
in the assembly elections in Jharkhand beginning on November
25, the party on Thursday said in its manifesto.
The party also promised to provide salt at 25 paise
per kg to BPL families, state unit president Raghuvar Das said
while releasing the manifesto in the presence of Chhattisgarh
Chief Minister Raman Singh.
The party would provide ten lakh jobs to the
unemployed in five years, loans to farmers at two per cent
interest and form an agriculture development commission, the
Construction of three lakh houses to be allotted to
those not having accommodation and ration cards to every
family within three months were also among the promises held
Creation of one lakh self-help groups, Rs 25,000 loan
at two per cent interest to the unemployed to start
businesses, wage hike for unorganised sector workers,
constructive effort to end naxalism and doubling of old age
pension were also listed in the manifesto.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory