Right to recall will create perpetual instability
Kolkata: Opposing Anna Hazare`s demand for a
right to recall elected representatives, BJP leader L K Advani
today it would lead to perpetual instability in the country.
"I am opposed to this. In a huge country like India, the
right to recall will lead to perpetual instability," Advani
told reporters here.
He said the proposal for right to recall has not been
accepted in most countries except for a few small nations.
"But I am strongly in favour of electoral reforms,
particularly in the issue of use of money power in elections,"
Advani said his party has been pursuing electoral reforms
since 1970 when he was a member of the Rajya Sabha and A B
Vajpayee was in Lok Sabha.
Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi has recenlty held
that the right to recall will `destabilise` the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’