Right to recall will create perpetual instability
Kolkata: Opposing Anna Hazare`s demand for a
right to recall elected representatives, BJP leader L K Advani
today it would lead to perpetual instability in the country.
"I am opposed to this. In a huge country like India, the
right to recall will lead to perpetual instability," Advani
told reporters here.
He said the proposal for right to recall has not been
accepted in most countries except for a few small nations.
"But I am strongly in favour of electoral reforms,
particularly in the issue of use of money power in elections,"
Advani said his party has been pursuing electoral reforms
since 1970 when he was a member of the Rajya Sabha and A B
Vajpayee was in Lok Sabha.
Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi has recenlty held
that the right to recall will `destabilise` the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah