Right to recall will create perpetual instability
Kolkata: Opposing Anna Hazare`s demand for a
right to recall elected representatives, BJP leader L K Advani
today it would lead to perpetual instability in the country.
"I am opposed to this. In a huge country like India, the
right to recall will lead to perpetual instability," Advani
told reporters here.
He said the proposal for right to recall has not been
accepted in most countries except for a few small nations.
"But I am strongly in favour of electoral reforms,
particularly in the issue of use of money power in elections,"
Advani said his party has been pursuing electoral reforms
since 1970 when he was a member of the Rajya Sabha and A B
Vajpayee was in Lok Sabha.
Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi has recenlty held
that the right to recall will `destabilise` the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital