Right-wing extremists’ bombs killing people: PC
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Monday lashed out at the RSS for its association with right-wing fundamentalist forces, saying the latter have made bombs which have exploded and killed people in the country.
Chidambaram said that is why the BJP is targeting selected ministers because the UPA government has quickened investigations into right-wing terror acts and proceedings in Ayodhya cases.
The minister said he could not think of any other reason.
"I think the reason is that they think this government is seriously pursuing the bomb blast cases where right-wing fundamentalists elements are involved. Clearly many of those right wing fundamentalist elements are linked to the RSS," he said.
Asked about Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh`s
statement that right-wing forces were bomb making factories,
he said, "I don`t know whether there are bomb making factories.
I know that they make bombs and these bombs have exploded.
They made bombs. Accused made bombs and bombs have exploded.
The bombs have killed people."
To a question about the massacre by a suspected right-wing man in Norway and the dangers of right wing terror in
India, the Home Minister said there are documented cases of
right-wing fundamentalist terror in India.
"NIA is investigating seven plus two - nine cases. The
two are Goa cases. Seven are cases that happened elsewhere
where the objective was to clearly to create terror. These are
difficult times when we have to deal with fundamentalist
terrorists groups belonging to different religions," he said.
On the statement of Digvijay Singh that he had apologised
to him for some statements made against him and whether he was
pleased that Sonia Gandhi had pulled him (Singh) up,
Chidambaram said, "I was not displeased in the first place."
Asked whether Singh said sorry to him, he said "he had a
conversation with me and that is not for public consumption”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city