Rise in Muslim population due to migration from Bangladesh: Swamy
Mumbai: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said the population increase among Muslims is a result of the burgeoning illegal migration from Bangladesh.
"Growing population among Muslims is due to the migration from Bangladesh. The neighbouring country needs to be firmly told to take back their people," Swamy said at a book release function "Muslim Jansankhya: Ek Chinta" published in Marathi and Hindi.
On Article 370 of the Constitution for Jammu and Kashmir, Swamy said it can be repealed through a presidential notification. There is no need for a parliamentary vote, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report