Rise in Muslim population due to migration from Bangladesh: Swamy
Mumbai: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said the population increase among Muslims is a result of the burgeoning illegal migration from Bangladesh.
"Growing population among Muslims is due to the migration from Bangladesh. The neighbouring country needs to be firmly told to take back their people," Swamy said at a book release function "Muslim Jansankhya: Ek Chinta" published in Marathi and Hindi.
On Article 370 of the Constitution for Jammu and Kashmir, Swamy said it can be repealed through a presidential notification. There is no need for a parliamentary vote, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH