Rise in Muslim population due to migration from Bangladesh: Swamy
Mumbai: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said the population increase among Muslims is a result of the burgeoning illegal migration from Bangladesh.
"Growing population among Muslims is due to the migration from Bangladesh. The neighbouring country needs to be firmly told to take back their people," Swamy said at a book release function "Muslim Jansankhya: Ek Chinta" published in Marathi and Hindi.
On Article 370 of the Constitution for Jammu and Kashmir, Swamy said it can be repealed through a presidential notification. There is no need for a parliamentary vote, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh