Rise in tourists from Bangladesh to India
New Delhi: Bangladesh continued to top the list of six neighbouring countries in terms of number of foreign tourists arriving in India, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Bangladesh held the apex position in this regard during the last three years.
A total of 1,139,238 people from six neighbouring countries Afghanistan, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Bangladesh visited India in 2013, Tourism Minister Shripad Naik said in a written reply.
There were 4,63,543 visitors from Bangladesh in 2011 which increased to 4,87,397 in 2012 and the number increased to 5,24,923 in 2013.
Visitors from Pakistan also increased from 59,846 in 2012 to 1,11,794 in 2013.
However, as per Sri Lanka, 2,96,983 tourists came in 2012 which decreased to 2,62,345 in 2013.
Naik said the Tourism Ministry as part of its ongoing activities carry out media campaigns in the domestic and international markets under the `Incredible India` brand to promote various tourist destinations of the country and to increase foreign tourist arrivals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India