Rising onion prices will lead to Congress` downfall: Naidu
Ranchi: Attacking the UPA Government for rising prices, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday sought to remind the Congress how sudden spurt in onion price had led to the fall of his party`s government in Delhi 15 years ago.
"Rise in onion prices has brought tears to the people. The BJP was voted out of power in Delhi following a sudden spurt in the prices of onion in 1998," Naidu told reporters here.
"Increase in prices of all commodities has broken all previous records during the nine-and-a-half-years of rule by the Congress-led UPA," claimed the former BJP president.
When told that BJP`s position too is not positive following pre-poll survey reports, he said such surveys are facing questions of credibility.
Previous exit polls had turned out wrong, and the BJP did not believe in them, he added.
Naidu said the party will hold 100 rallies across the country under the leadership of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
He said he came to Ranchi to hold a discussion with party leaders on the preparations for the next Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family