Rising onion prices will lead to Congress` downfall: Naidu
Ranchi: Attacking the UPA Government for rising prices, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday sought to remind the Congress how sudden spurt in onion price had led to the fall of his party`s government in Delhi 15 years ago.
"Rise in onion prices has brought tears to the people. The BJP was voted out of power in Delhi following a sudden spurt in the prices of onion in 1998," Naidu told reporters here.
"Increase in prices of all commodities has broken all previous records during the nine-and-a-half-years of rule by the Congress-led UPA," claimed the former BJP president.
When told that BJP`s position too is not positive following pre-poll survey reports, he said such surveys are facing questions of credibility.
Previous exit polls had turned out wrong, and the BJP did not believe in them, he added.
Naidu said the party will hold 100 rallies across the country under the leadership of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
He said he came to Ranchi to hold a discussion with party leaders on the preparations for the next Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown