RJD MP seeks Bharat Ratna for Lohia, JP, Karpoori, Kanshi Ram
Patna: RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav on Thursday again demanded Bharat Ratna for veteran socialists leaders Rammanohar Lohia, Jayprakash Narayan, Karpoori Thakur and Dalit leader Kanshi Ram for their work for uplifting of the downtrodden.
In a statement, Yadav urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home minister Rajnath Singh to consider seriously honouring these four personalities with the highest civilian award.
Yadav, who defeated JD(U) president Sharad Yadav from Madhepura Lok Sabha constituency, had first raised the matter in Parliament on August 13.
"Personalities like Rammanohar Lohia, Jayprakash Narayan, Karpoori Thakur and dalit leader Kanshi Ram should get highest honour for extraordinary contribution working for the downtrodden of society," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation