RJD, SP, Congress criticise VHP`s Ayodhya yatra plans
New Delhi: Rashtriya Janata Dal, Samajwadi Party and Congress members on Saturday joined hands in the Lok Sabha to attack BJP and Sangh Parivar outfits on VHP`s plans to hold yatra from Ayodhya Sunday.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Prabhunath Singh (RJD) asked the Centre to intervene saying VHP`s plans "supported by BJP" were not good for communal harmony in the country.
He said political parties supporting the yatra should be derecognised.
This led to a heated exchange between members of BJP and RJD. SP members supported their RJD counterparts.
Dara Singh Cahuhan (BSP) said the yatra was a case of "shadow boxing" between BJP and SP, which is ruling Uttar Pradesh.
Shailendra Kumar (SP) said "some groups and political parties" were trying to divide the country on lines of religion.
"There should be a ban on using Lord Rama`s name for political gains...The Government of India should ensure a ban on such things," he said, as BJP members protested.
Jagdambika Pal (Congress) said it is not a religious yatra but a political one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!