RJD, SP, Congress criticise VHP`s Ayodhya yatra plans
New Delhi: Rashtriya Janata Dal, Samajwadi Party and Congress members on Saturday joined hands in the Lok Sabha to attack BJP and Sangh Parivar outfits on VHP`s plans to hold yatra from Ayodhya Sunday.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Prabhunath Singh (RJD) asked the Centre to intervene saying VHP`s plans "supported by BJP" were not good for communal harmony in the country.
He said political parties supporting the yatra should be derecognised.
This led to a heated exchange between members of BJP and RJD. SP members supported their RJD counterparts.
Dara Singh Cahuhan (BSP) said the yatra was a case of "shadow boxing" between BJP and SP, which is ruling Uttar Pradesh.
Shailendra Kumar (SP) said "some groups and political parties" were trying to divide the country on lines of religion.
"There should be a ban on using Lord Rama`s name for political gains...The Government of India should ensure a ban on such things," he said, as BJP members protested.
Jagdambika Pal (Congress) said it is not a religious yatra but a political one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP