RJD to go along with Sonia`s choice: Lalu
Motihari: Congress president Sonia Gandhi will have the final say on selection of the the next President of the country and RJD will go along with her choice for the top post, its chief Lalu Prasad said Thursday.
"Soniaji will have a final say over selection of the Presidential candidate irrespective of the names being floated by various quarters, including Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Trinamool Congress head Mamata Banerjee", he told reporters here.
"RJD and other UPA partners will support whosoever the Congress president decides to name as its candidate for the President`s post", he said and advised Gandhi to finalise the nominee and consult with the alliance partners and opposition parties to evolve a consensus.
Prasad asked the Opposition to not seek political advantage from the prevailing confusion over choice of Presidential candidate.
"The choice of BJP or NDA will never become the next President", he said referring to the lack of numbers of the opposition alliance at the Centre.
"Mulayam and Mamata have given the names of their candidates for the Presidential polls, but they will never vote for the NDA candidate", the RJD leader claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!