RK Laxman in hospital after suffering strokes
Mumbai: Eminent cartoonist RK Laxman has
suffered three mild strokes and admitted to the intensive care
unit of a hospital here where doctors described his condition
as critical but stable.
86-year-old Laxman suffered a stroke on Thursday last
in Pune and was admitted to Sahyadri Hospital there, where he
suffered two more mild strokes affecting his right portion and
speech, Dr Vinkar Gunjal, a friend and a physician of Laxman said.
Laxman was brought to Breach Candy here by an air
ambulance last evening.
Hospital sources said, Laxman who is a diabetic, has
also developed mild kidney problem and also some infection as
his white blood corpuscles are on a higher side.
"Therefore, he is being treated for stroke, kidney
problem, and also for the infection," the team of doctors
attending on him, said.
"The next 48 hours are critical," they said.
"We preferred to get him treated at Breach Candy as
during his last stroke, he was treated by a team of doctors
headed by Neurologist Dr B S Singhal," his son Srinivas Laxman
Singhal has taken charge of India`s best-known
The Magsaysay award winner had suffered a stroke six
years ago which affected the left portion of his body. He was
doing fine since then and residing at his Pune residence.
Creator of the Common Man, Laxman has been honoured
with the Pamda Vibhushan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!