RK Mathur likely to be Defence Secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Radha Krishna Mathur is likely to be appointed as Defence Secretary to succeed Shashikant Sharma, who will take over as the next Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on Thursday.
Currently working as Secretary (Defence Production) in the Defence Ministry, Mathur is a 1977-batch IAS officer of Manipur-Tripura cadre.
An old hand in the Ministry, Mathur served as Additional Secretary and Special Secretary in Department of Defence from September 2008 to October 2011.
Born on November 25, 1953, he has done his B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kanpur and M.Tech in Industrial Engineering from IIT, Delhi.
He also holds a Master in Business Administration from ICPE, Slovenia. From 2000 till August, 2008, he served in Tripura in various departments as Principal Secretary and later as Chief Secretary.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe