`Rly Board members to be appointed after CVC nod`
New Delhi: Steps are being taken to fill up the vacant posts at the Railway Board in which members getting clearance from CVC will be handed charge accordingly, Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge said on Friday.
"New arrangement will be made soon," Kharge told reporters at the sideline of a function here when asked about the vacancies at higher level in Railways.
Railways have sent names to the Cabinet Committee on Appointment for filling up these senior posts.
"Whoever gets CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) clearances, those members will be given charge accordingly," Kharge said.
While posts of Member (Traffic) and Member (Staff) at Railway Board have been lying vacant for nearly two months, the posts of Chairman Railway Board and Financial Commissioner will also fall vacant on June 30.
At present, Mahesh Kumar, who became Railway Board Member (Staff) two months back, is in jail following his arrest in the alleged cash-for-post scam.
Besides the Board vacancies, there will be five vacancies of General Managers on July 1. Vacancies in South East Central Railway, Western Railway and Central Railway already exist. There will be two more vacancies in South Eastern Railway, Kolkata, and Integral Coach Factory, Perambur on June 30.
Asked whether the new Chairman Railway Board will take over before June 31, Kharge said, "whatever arrangements will be made, it will be done only after the retirement and immediately the next day."
Apart from Board members and General Managers, 21 new Divisional Railway Managers will also be selected in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore