Rly exams in regional languages simultaneously: Mamata
Mumbai: Against the backdrop of MNS attacking
candidates from North India appearing in railway exams in
Maharashtra, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said the
tests will be conducted in regional languages simultaneously.
"The railway exams will be conducted in regional languages
simultaneously apart from English and Hindi. In Maharashtra,
the exams will be held in Marathi and in other states, these
will be held in local languages," she told reporters here.
"The decision was taken after a review was carried out
and a new policy was formulated," she said, adding that
besides English, Hindi and Urdu, tests will be held in
Banerjee said this after Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said
at a function that "locals must be given importance. Whoever
is a domicile of Maharashtra must first get an employment
Chavan, however, said his government does not support
agitations based on language and region. "It is not our
He said irrespective of the language people of
Maharashtra speak or the belief they follow, "we are concerned
about their employment and request her (Mamata Banerjee) to
pay heed to this matter."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III