Rly makes ID proof mandatory for AC passengers
New Delhi: Faced with increasing incidents
of misuse of tickets, Railways have made it mandatory for all
passengers travelling in AC classes to carry an identity proof
So far, carrying ID proof was required only for
passengers travelling with e-tickets or with tatkal tickets.
The decision will come into effect from February 15 in
all trains across the country, said a Railway Ministry
The official said any one passenger in a group will be
required to carry the ID proof.
The ID proof could be a voter ID, pancard, passport,
driving license issued by RTO, nationalised bank passbook with
photo, credit card issued by banks with laminated photos,
student ID card with photo or Aadhaar, the official said.
The decision comes in the backdrop of increasing cases of
misuse of tickets like transfer of tickets, black marketing of
tickets and growing involvement of touts.
During 2008-09, 20,240 cases of ticket transfer was
reported and 2521 were apprehended. In 2010-11 63,854 such
cases were detected and 2480 people were apprehended, the
"With this decision, such cases will come down to zero,"
the official hoped.
Centre For Railway Information Systems (CRIS) has been
asked to make necessary changes in the software so as to
incorporate the message in the rail tickets for the benefit of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday