Rly recruitment exam also in local state languages: Mamata
New Delhi: Railway recruitment examinations
will henceforth be held in local state languages in addition
to Hindi, Urdu and English, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee
said on Wednesday.
The examination would also be held on the same date by
all Railway Recruitment Boards, she said while presenting the
Railway Budget in the Lok Sabha.
"As assured, the recruitment policy of the Railway
Recruitment Boards has been reviewed," she said.
Banerjee also proposed to waive off the examination fee
for woman candidates and those belonging to economically
backward classes having family income of less than Rs 50,000
"All question papers will henceforth be set in Hindi,
Urdu and English as well as in local state languages and
examination for a particular post will be held on the same
date simultaneously by all RRBs," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert