Rly recruitment exam also in local state languages: Mamata
New Delhi: Railway recruitment examinations
will henceforth be held in local state languages in addition
to Hindi, Urdu and English, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee
said on Wednesday.
The examination would also be held on the same date by
all Railway Recruitment Boards, she said while presenting the
Railway Budget in the Lok Sabha.
"As assured, the recruitment policy of the Railway
Recruitment Boards has been reviewed," she said.
Banerjee also proposed to waive off the examination fee
for woman candidates and those belonging to economically
backward classes having family income of less than Rs 50,000
"All question papers will henceforth be set in Hindi,
Urdu and English as well as in local state languages and
examination for a particular post will be held on the same
date simultaneously by all RRBs," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police