Rly recruitment exam also in local state languages: Mamata
New Delhi: Railway recruitment examinations
will henceforth be held in local state languages in addition
to Hindi, Urdu and English, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee
said on Wednesday.
The examination would also be held on the same date by
all Railway Recruitment Boards, she said while presenting the
Railway Budget in the Lok Sabha.
"As assured, the recruitment policy of the Railway
Recruitment Boards has been reviewed," she said.
Banerjee also proposed to waive off the examination fee
for woman candidates and those belonging to economically
backward classes having family income of less than Rs 50,000
"All question papers will henceforth be set in Hindi,
Urdu and English as well as in local state languages and
examination for a particular post will be held on the same
date simultaneously by all RRBs," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP