Rly recruitment exam also in local state languages: Mamata
New Delhi: Railway recruitment examinations
will henceforth be held in local state languages in addition
to Hindi, Urdu and English, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee
said on Wednesday.
The examination would also be held on the same date by
all Railway Recruitment Boards, she said while presenting the
Railway Budget in the Lok Sabha.
"As assured, the recruitment policy of the Railway
Recruitment Boards has been reviewed," she said.
Banerjee also proposed to waive off the examination fee
for woman candidates and those belonging to economically
backward classes having family income of less than Rs 50,000
"All question papers will henceforth be set in Hindi,
Urdu and English as well as in local state languages and
examination for a particular post will be held on the same
date simultaneously by all RRBs," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says