Rlys mull time changes for tatkal, normal bookings
New Delhi: To reduce heavy rush for e-tickets
during morning hours that often leads to slowing up of the
IRCTC website, the Railways are mulling two separate timings
for opening of tatkal and normal bookings.
If implemented the move would considerably reduce traffic
volume on IRCTC website providing e-tickets, thereby enabling
quick access to the site, which sells 30 per cent of all rail
tickets, an IRCTC official said.
The idea is to shift the opening of tatkal bookings to 10
am instead of 8 am. "Though it is still in the thinking
process, we hope the change of timings will considerably
reduce pressure on IRCTC portal," he said.
The official said there is a significant rise in traffic
in IRCTC website when bookings for advance reservation period
and tatkal tickets open at 8 am. "This could be a reason why
passengers are unable to open the site during this period."
The move, however, could face several hurdles as Railways
would then have to suitably change timings of tatkal bookings
over the reservation counters.
Railways, though, have recently adopted several changes
in its reservation system to make it more user-friendly and
Last week it barred IRCTC web-based agents from getting
access to tatkal bookings from 8 am to 9 am in the morning as
well as bookings for the initial one hour on the first day of
advance reservation period.
IRCTC is also planning major up gradation of its server
for enhanced speed, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof