Rlys to introduce mobile charging facility in sleeper class
New Delhi: Railways have decided to
introduce mobile phone charging facility in sleeper class
coaches of every train in a phased manner for passenger
benefit, the Lok Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Minister of State for Railways K H Muniyappa said in a
written reply that such facility has already been introduced
in some coaches in Saurashtra Mail and Saurashtra Janata
Earlier, Railways had also announced in the House that
internet facility would be provided in some of the prestigious
To another query on ensuring security in trains, the
Minister said some of the existing RPF and RPSF personnel are
being imparted commando training by various organisations like
NSG, CRPF, Punjab police and Assam Rifles among others.
He, however, said there is no commando battalion in
Railways at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal