Rlys to run 572 festival spls to meet Puja rush
New Delhi: Gearing up for upcoming festive season, Railways has decided to run more than 500 special trains to Patna, Lucknow, Jammu and Amritsar among other cities to clear extra Puja rush.
Additional trains will also be run for other cities including Gaya, Varanasi, Darbhanga and Udhampur during the festival period.
There will be total of 572 special trains which will be pressed into service by Northern Railway to clear additional rush during the festive season, said a Northern Railway official.
The tri-weekly Anand Vihar-Patna-Anand Vihar festival train will stop at Danapur, Ara, Buxar, Mughalsarai, Allahabad and Kanpur stations in both the directions.
Special trains will also ply on other routes like Firozpur-Saharsa-Ambala, Ludhiana-Saharsa-Ambala and Amritsar-Barauni-Amritsar during that period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?