Rlys to run 572 festival spls to meet Puja rush
New Delhi: Gearing up for upcoming festive season, Railways has decided to run more than 500 special trains to Patna, Lucknow, Jammu and Amritsar among other cities to clear extra Puja rush.
Additional trains will also be run for other cities including Gaya, Varanasi, Darbhanga and Udhampur during the festival period.
There will be total of 572 special trains which will be pressed into service by Northern Railway to clear additional rush during the festive season, said a Northern Railway official.
The tri-weekly Anand Vihar-Patna-Anand Vihar festival train will stop at Danapur, Ara, Buxar, Mughalsarai, Allahabad and Kanpur stations in both the directions.
Special trains will also ply on other routes like Firozpur-Saharsa-Ambala, Ludhiana-Saharsa-Ambala and Amritsar-Barauni-Amritsar during that period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened