Rlys to run 572 festival spls to meet Puja rush
New Delhi: Gearing up for upcoming festive season, Railways has decided to run more than 500 special trains to Patna, Lucknow, Jammu and Amritsar among other cities to clear extra Puja rush.
Additional trains will also be run for other cities including Gaya, Varanasi, Darbhanga and Udhampur during the festival period.
There will be total of 572 special trains which will be pressed into service by Northern Railway to clear additional rush during the festive season, said a Northern Railway official.
The tri-weekly Anand Vihar-Patna-Anand Vihar festival train will stop at Danapur, Ara, Buxar, Mughalsarai, Allahabad and Kanpur stations in both the directions.
Special trains will also ply on other routes like Firozpur-Saharsa-Ambala, Ludhiana-Saharsa-Ambala and Amritsar-Barauni-Amritsar during that period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB