Robert Vadra hiding behind DLF, Congress: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Reacting to Robert Vadra calling graft allegations against him as "utterly false, entirely baseless and defamatory", India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal Sunday said Vadra is hiding behind DLF and the Congress.
Reacting to Vadra`s remarks that he and Prashant Bhushan were maligning him and his family to "gain cheap publicity", Kejriwal said, "Robert Vadra has questioned our motives that is not important. He has not replied to the questions that we have raised."
"He is hiding behind DLF and the Congress . He should come in the open and clarify charges against him," Kejriwal told reporters here.
IAC members Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan alleged Friday that Vadra had bought properties in Gurgaon and other places at rates cheaper than in market and sold these at a huge profit.
DLF Saturday denied it had advanced any unsecured loan to Vadra, or sold its assets to him at throwaway prices, or that there was a quid pro quo in the transactions.
The Congress has defended Vadra and challenged Kejriwal to file a complaint.
Saying that he is ready to face a defamation case if taken to court, Kejriwal said: "We all live in a democracy and some genuine questions are raised by us. The son-in-law of the most powerful person in the country should address the issue and he is not doing it and is shooting the messenger."
Vadra is married to Priyanka, daughter of Congress chief and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
In a statement Vadra said that IAC members were deliberately misrepresenting numbers contained in his financial statements, manufacturing lies and maligning his family to gain cheap publicity for themselves and for the launch of their political party.
He called the allegation as "utterly false, entirely baseless and defamatory".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani