Robert Vadra hiding behind DLF, Congress: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Reacting to Robert Vadra calling graft allegations against him as "utterly false, entirely baseless and defamatory", India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal Sunday said Vadra is hiding behind DLF and the Congress.
Reacting to Vadra`s remarks that he and Prashant Bhushan were maligning him and his family to "gain cheap publicity", Kejriwal said, "Robert Vadra has questioned our motives that is not important. He has not replied to the questions that we have raised."
"He is hiding behind DLF and the Congress . He should come in the open and clarify charges against him," Kejriwal told reporters here.
IAC members Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan alleged Friday that Vadra had bought properties in Gurgaon and other places at rates cheaper than in market and sold these at a huge profit.
DLF Saturday denied it had advanced any unsecured loan to Vadra, or sold its assets to him at throwaway prices, or that there was a quid pro quo in the transactions.
The Congress has defended Vadra and challenged Kejriwal to file a complaint.
Saying that he is ready to face a defamation case if taken to court, Kejriwal said: "We all live in a democracy and some genuine questions are raised by us. The son-in-law of the most powerful person in the country should address the issue and he is not doing it and is shooting the messenger."
Vadra is married to Priyanka, daughter of Congress chief and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
In a statement Vadra said that IAC members were deliberately misrepresenting numbers contained in his financial statements, manufacturing lies and maligning his family to gain cheap publicity for themselves and for the launch of their political party.
He called the allegation as "utterly false, entirely baseless and defamatory".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das