Rohtak coldest in Punjab, Haryana at 4.2 degree Celsius
New Delhi: Rohtak was the coldest in Punjab
and Haryana today at 4.2 degree celsius as the winter`s grip
remained firm on the higher reaches of Jammu and Kashmir and
The Met office said the minimum in the Haryana town was
five notches below normal. It was followed by Amritsar at 4.6
degrees, which was two marks below average.
Ambala experienced a low of 7.7 degrees, a degree above
normal while Chandigarh recorded a minimum of 9.8 degrees, two
notches above average. In Hissar, the mercury stood at 10.3
degrees, the Met office said.
Narnaul settled at a low of 7.3 degrees, three notches
below normal while the minimum at Ludhiana was 7.4 degrees,
which was two notches below normal.
In Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh region was the coldest, as
Leh and Kargil experienced night temperatures of minus 8.0 and
minus 6.2 degrees celsius respectively.
Srinagar had a minimum 1.8 degrees while the night
temperature in Jammu settled at 9.2 degrees, the Met
The upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh also had sub-zero
temperatures with Keylong recording a minimum of minus 4.9
In the national capital, it was a slightly chilly morning
as the mercury slumped to below the ten degrees mark. The
minimum was recorded at 9.3 degrees, down from yesterday`s
10.2 degrees, the Met office said.
The mercury edged up slightly in Rajasthan with Jaipur
registering a minimum of 12 degrees. The hill station of Mount
Abu was the coldest, settling at a low of five degrees.
Dabok recorded a minimum of 10 degrees while Ajmer, Kota,
Barmer and Jodhpur had night temperatures of 14 degrees
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks