Rohtak coldest in Punjab, Haryana at 4.2 degree Celsius
New Delhi: Rohtak was the coldest in Punjab
and Haryana today at 4.2 degree celsius as the winter`s grip
remained firm on the higher reaches of Jammu and Kashmir and
The Met office said the minimum in the Haryana town was
five notches below normal. It was followed by Amritsar at 4.6
degrees, which was two marks below average.
Ambala experienced a low of 7.7 degrees, a degree above
normal while Chandigarh recorded a minimum of 9.8 degrees, two
notches above average. In Hissar, the mercury stood at 10.3
degrees, the Met office said.
Narnaul settled at a low of 7.3 degrees, three notches
below normal while the minimum at Ludhiana was 7.4 degrees,
which was two notches below normal.
In Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh region was the coldest, as
Leh and Kargil experienced night temperatures of minus 8.0 and
minus 6.2 degrees celsius respectively.
Srinagar had a minimum 1.8 degrees while the night
temperature in Jammu settled at 9.2 degrees, the Met
The upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh also had sub-zero
temperatures with Keylong recording a minimum of minus 4.9
In the national capital, it was a slightly chilly morning
as the mercury slumped to below the ten degrees mark. The
minimum was recorded at 9.3 degrees, down from yesterday`s
10.2 degrees, the Met office said.
The mercury edged up slightly in Rajasthan with Jaipur
registering a minimum of 12 degrees. The hill station of Mount
Abu was the coldest, settling at a low of five degrees.
Dabok recorded a minimum of 10 degrees while Ajmer, Kota,
Barmer and Jodhpur had night temperatures of 14 degrees
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest