Rope to hang Kasab made in Buxar jail?
Patna: As secrecy shrouded the hanging of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab, inmates and authorities of Buxar prison believe that the rope used for the purpose was manufactured by the jail.
Buxar central jail is the sole provider of rope for capital punishment in north and eastern India, its superintendent Surendra Kumar Ambastha said.
"We had supplied a special rope for hanging Afzal Guru to Delhi`s Tihar jail on order in 2007," Director, Bihar Prison Department, S B P Singh said.
This rope was, however, not used because of the stay on Guru`s execution and might have been used for Kasab, the authorities and inmates of Buxar prison feel.
"Since no requistion had been sent for preparing rope for Kasab, it cannot be said with authenticity if it is the same rope the Buxar jail had supplied to Tihar for Afzal Guru," Singh said.
Buxar jail had also provided the rope for the execution of Dhananjoy Chatterjee in Kolkata in 2004, he said.
Ambastha said specially trained inmates of Buxar jail manufacture the rope used for hanging using a special synthetic jute supplied by National Cooperative Consumers` Federation of India Limited, the apex federation of the consumer cooperatives in the country.
The rope is manufactured in a way that there is least friction and the knot tightens smoothly, Jailor, Buxar prison, Manoj Kumar Sinha said.
Sinha said the rope used for hanging takes over a fortnight to be made after requisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!