Rope to hang Kasab made in Buxar jail?
Patna: As secrecy shrouded the hanging of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab, inmates and authorities of Buxar prison believe that the rope used for the purpose was manufactured by the jail.
Buxar central jail is the sole provider of rope for capital punishment in north and eastern India, its superintendent Surendra Kumar Ambastha said.
"We had supplied a special rope for hanging Afzal Guru to Delhi`s Tihar jail on order in 2007," Director, Bihar Prison Department, S B P Singh said.
This rope was, however, not used because of the stay on Guru`s execution and might have been used for Kasab, the authorities and inmates of Buxar prison feel.
"Since no requistion had been sent for preparing rope for Kasab, it cannot be said with authenticity if it is the same rope the Buxar jail had supplied to Tihar for Afzal Guru," Singh said.
Buxar jail had also provided the rope for the execution of Dhananjoy Chatterjee in Kolkata in 2004, he said.
Ambastha said specially trained inmates of Buxar jail manufacture the rope used for hanging using a special synthetic jute supplied by National Cooperative Consumers` Federation of India Limited, the apex federation of the consumer cooperatives in the country.
The rope is manufactured in a way that there is least friction and the knot tightens smoothly, Jailor, Buxar prison, Manoj Kumar Sinha said.
Sinha said the rope used for hanging takes over a fortnight to be made after requisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India