Rosaiah nominated as member of national mission authority
Hyderabad: Chief Minister K Rosaiah was
nominated as a member of the National Mission Authority of
National Mission for Empowerment of Women.
He received a communication to this effect from the
Centre today, a release from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
The NMA is headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and
Rosaiah is only the second Chief Minister after his Bihar
counterpart Nitish Kumar to secure a place in it.
Union Minister for Human Resources Development, Minister
for Finance, Minister for Housing and Urban Poverty
Alleviation, Minister for Rural Development, Minister for
Panchayati Raj, Minister for Agriculture, Minister for Health
and Family Welfare, Minister for Micro, Small and Medium
Enterprises, Minister for Law and Justice, Minister for
Environment and Forests, Minister for Labour and Employment,
Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Deputy Chairman
of Planning Commission and Chairperson of National Commission
for Women are the other members of the NMA.
Union Minister of State for Women and Child Development
(independent charge) will be its Member-Convenor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan