Rosaiah nominated as member of national mission authority
Hyderabad: Chief Minister K Rosaiah was
nominated as a member of the National Mission Authority of
National Mission for Empowerment of Women.
He received a communication to this effect from the
Centre today, a release from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
The NMA is headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and
Rosaiah is only the second Chief Minister after his Bihar
counterpart Nitish Kumar to secure a place in it.
Union Minister for Human Resources Development, Minister
for Finance, Minister for Housing and Urban Poverty
Alleviation, Minister for Rural Development, Minister for
Panchayati Raj, Minister for Agriculture, Minister for Health
and Family Welfare, Minister for Micro, Small and Medium
Enterprises, Minister for Law and Justice, Minister for
Environment and Forests, Minister for Labour and Employment,
Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Deputy Chairman
of Planning Commission and Chairperson of National Commission
for Women are the other members of the NMA.
Union Minister of State for Women and Child Development
(independent charge) will be its Member-Convenor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!