Rotten grain being supplied to tribal areas: CPI-M
New Delhi: Rotten grain with rat stool is being supplied to tribals by government agencies, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) MP Brinda Karat said on Thursday and demanded that a monitoring agency be set up to ensure this does not happen.
Raising the issue during zero hour in the Rajya Sabha, the CPI-M member said: "The wheat and rice that government agencies are sending to tribal areas is rotten and even has rat stool in it."
"Tribals have no value. I challenge if some official can eat this," she said displaying samples of the wheat despite the chair`s plea not to do so.
"Please instruct the government to formulate special monitoring agency to check what is being sent to tribal areas," she requested the chair.
Several other members from opposition parties backed her in the demand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata