Rotten grain being supplied to tribal areas: CPI-M
New Delhi: Rotten grain with rat stool is being supplied to tribals by government agencies, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) MP Brinda Karat said on Thursday and demanded that a monitoring agency be set up to ensure this does not happen.
Raising the issue during zero hour in the Rajya Sabha, the CPI-M member said: "The wheat and rice that government agencies are sending to tribal areas is rotten and even has rat stool in it."
"Tribals have no value. I challenge if some official can eat this," she said displaying samples of the wheat despite the chair`s plea not to do so.
"Please instruct the government to formulate special monitoring agency to check what is being sent to tribal areas," she requested the chair.
Several other members from opposition parties backed her in the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi