Rotten grain being supplied to tribal areas: CPI-M
New Delhi: Rotten grain with rat stool is being supplied to tribals by government agencies, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) MP Brinda Karat said on Thursday and demanded that a monitoring agency be set up to ensure this does not happen.
Raising the issue during zero hour in the Rajya Sabha, the CPI-M member said: "The wheat and rice that government agencies are sending to tribal areas is rotten and even has rat stool in it."
"Tribals have no value. I challenge if some official can eat this," she said displaying samples of the wheat despite the chair`s plea not to do so.
"Please instruct the government to formulate special monitoring agency to check what is being sent to tribal areas," she requested the chair.
Several other members from opposition parties backed her in the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country