RPN Singh hails Yasin Bhatkal`s arrest
New Delhi: Minister of State for Home Affairs RPN Singh on Thursday said it was a great day as the most wanted terrorist and Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal was arrested from the India-Nepal border.
"Our intelligence agencies have done a remarkable work by arresting one of India`s most wanted terrorist Yasin Bhatkal. We got some kind of success with arrest of Tunda (alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Abdul Karim Tunda), but today is a great day since we have arrested IM co-founder Bhatkal," Singh said.
"His (Bhatkal) arrest is very important for us because he was involved in bomb blasts around the country," Singh said.
Earlier, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Bhatkal was arrested by intelligence agencies on the India-Nepal border.
Bhatkal is allegedly involved in blasts in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune and Surat, among other places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal