RPN Singh hails Yasin Bhatkal`s arrest
New Delhi: Minister of State for Home Affairs RPN Singh on Thursday said it was a great day as the most wanted terrorist and Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal was arrested from the India-Nepal border.
"Our intelligence agencies have done a remarkable work by arresting one of India`s most wanted terrorist Yasin Bhatkal. We got some kind of success with arrest of Tunda (alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Abdul Karim Tunda), but today is a great day since we have arrested IM co-founder Bhatkal," Singh said.
"His (Bhatkal) arrest is very important for us because he was involved in bomb blasts around the country," Singh said.
Earlier, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Bhatkal was arrested by intelligence agencies on the India-Nepal border.
Bhatkal is allegedly involved in blasts in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune and Surat, among other places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor