RPN Singh rubbishes charge of CBI being misused by Congress
Rampur: Dismissing claims that the Congress is misusing CBI to target its opponents, Minister of State for Home Affairs RPN Singh on Sunday said the central agency was impartial and even the ruling party leaders were not spared.
"It (CBI) is purely and completely impartial and does not entertain pressure from any influential person," Singh told reporters here.
The Congress leader said it was due to CBI`s "impartial" character that the party had "suffered immensely".
He said CBI sleuths picked up accused only after complete information regarding the wrongdoings of the person.
Singh`s defence comes in the backdrop of UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s recent attack against Congress, alleging that anybody who does not act according to its wishes faces "persecution" through CBI.
Asked on Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s attack on outside ally Samajwadi Party yesterday, Singh said, "any person is free to criticise the government`s functioning but launching of personal attack cannot be justified".
The minister, in reply to media questions regarding increasing crime against women, said in 96 percent of such cases it was found that victims and attackers were known to each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA